Places essential Garrotxa
The area of Garrotxa is an area with incredible places you know, but since we want to propose activities Garrotxa essential that you visit. Enjoy some different days knowing our land.
– Natural Park of the volcanic zone: has an extension 120 square kilometers and we can discover the volcanic cones that are in the area. Visit the main and Santa Margarita volcano, which has a Romanesque chapel in its crater. The volcano Croscat, is the leading and most recognized views. In its lava lies one of the most visited tourist attractions: The Beech in Jordan.
– The Beech in Jordan: one of the most amazing beech forests across the country. Thanks to the conditions of the forest, which are common in the area, beeches up to find a 550 metres. Get your more attractive in fall season, due to the change of tree leaves.
– Castellfollit de la Roca: It is certainly one of the villages that you can not pass by. Hosted on a basalt casting and is one of the most typical pictures of the whole area.
– Santa Pau: Trasllada't a medieval town with a visit to the beautiful Santa Pau. A walled town that was built from its famous castle. Discover its places and its shutters.
– Besalú: one of the most famous thanks to its bridge. Built in the twelfth century is the major tourist attraction site. It is a medieval town where you can enjoy its streets, architecture, its historical center and its miqvé, bathrooms that Jews were qualified and are the only medieval times have been discovered.
– Olot: the capital of the Garrotxa, and the biggest town in the area. Enjoy its modernist houses, the Carmelite convent of the sixteenth century or the ethnographic museum.
If this Christmas you want to do something different out come and discover the Garrotxa and the amount of activities you can do.